The Arthurs Seat Eagle is the Mornington Peninsula’s newest attraction. Opened early December 2016, you can jump aboard a state of the art gondola and enjoy the Peninsula as never before.
The all-weather Eagle carries passengers between the Base Station in Dromana to the summit of Arthurs Seat, passing high over the beautiful State Park. Passengers can board at either station. The ride is approximately 14 minutes each way and in busy periods such as school holidays, guests may have to disembark at each station.
A combination of enclosed and open cabins provides an all-weather experience for passengers. The Eagle is all inclusive and caters to the disabled, elderly, frail and toddlers. It is wheelchair and pram friendly.
- The Eagle has 34 gondolas
- Each gondola can hold eight guests.
- The summit is 314 metres high
- The flight takes approximately 15 minutes each way
- There is 120t of steel in the towers
- Each gondola weighs 750 kgs
- Over 10,000 metres of electrical cable is used overhead to transport the gondolas up and down the slope
- The gondolas were manufactured in Switzerland
- The tallest tower is 19 metres from the ground to rope level